We are recruiting – Assistant Chef/ Cook
- 13th January, 2018
- General News
Assistant Chef / Cook
We are looking for a passionate cook to join the team at the Anderton Centre. The main function of this role will be to assist the Head Chef with food preparation and service on a day to day basis and will suit someone with a real passion for food and all aspects of cookery.
The Anderton Centre is a charity run outdoor activity and conference centre based in Rivington on the edge of Chorley and Bolton providing residential and day visits to a wide range of clients from corporate delegates to primary school groups.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Food preparation and cooking
- Menu development
- General kitchen duties including cleaning
- Deputy Head Chef during absences.
The successful candidate:
- Will be confident in all areas of a kitchen and food service.
- Able to approach the role with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Have a good understanding of the food industry and current food trends.
- Previous experience in fresh food establishment (min 1 year).
- Able to work flexibly to suit the business needs.
- Will hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
Working Hours: 30 hours per week – 5 days out of 7. This will include some evenings and weekends. Rotas are produced a week in advance. Overtime available as and when required. Hours negotiable.
Salary: £8.00 per hour
20 Days Holiday + 8 bank holidays per year.
To apply please submit your CV together with a supporting statement detailing why you are applying for the role and setting out how you meet the requirements.
Please ring for an informal chat on 01257 484 220.
Applications should be submitted via email to Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive by no later than 27th January 2018