Work For Us
We are recruiting for a new Centre Manager and 2 x Night Warden Caretakers
The Anderton Centre
SALARY: £26,000 – £28,000 per annum dependent on experience
CONTRACT LENGTH: Full time, 24-month fixed term contract, following 6 month probationary period
LOCATION: Rivington, Lancashire
START DATE : Early May 2018
Closing date for applications: 23 April 2018
Interviews: Week commencing 30 April 2018
Apply by: CV & Cover letter of not more than 2 pages each
The specific duties of the post holder are as follows.
· The Centre Manager is expected to set the example in attitude to work, company equipment, personal presentation, staff and visitor relationships.
· Liaise with key partners and suppliers
· To be responsible for all aspects of the operational management of the Centre under the guidance of the CEO
· Act as the Line Manager for assigned Centre staff (as outlined in the organisation structure) and to liaise with the CEO and HR Trustee regarding their recruitment, selection, deployment and discipline.
· Provide overall supervision of all land and water activities and assurance that all instructional staff are correctly qualified to meet industry and legislative standards.
· Ensure activities are organised and run in line with company policy & H&S legislation
· Ensure that appropriate risk assessments are in place for all activities and equipment within the Centre and to ensure that the highest standards health and safety are observed at all times.
· Ensure that the Centre’s internal and external facilities are maintained to the highest standards such that they continue to meet the requirements of the appropriate regulatory bodies.
· Ensure that support equipment and activity equipment is maintained to a suitable standard.
· To provide input to the Centre’s CEO & Finance person to draw up and monitor an annual budget for the Centre and to ensure that all resources are managed to meet the overall objectives of the Centre Business Plan and maximise financial returns to the business.
· Apply for and maintain relevant Outdoor Activity Centre accreditations.
· Identify key targets and objectives for the marketing and promotion of the education-based, hospitality and commercial activities of the Centre.
· Ensure that all administrative duties are completed, including course programmes, staff management, accounts, bookings, reports, and weekly schedules
· Maximise room occupancy rates and non-residential bookings in order to hit sales and revenue targets as agreed with the CEO.
· Promote the Centre as a first-choice provider for outdoor education and activities for the education sector (primary, secondary, further and higher education) for both residential and non-residential bookings.
· Promote the Centre as a preferred venue for corporate team-building events and residential stays.
· Explore the viability of utilising the Centre for other markets e.g. charity events both using the Centre and the land and water activity offerings.
· Work with the Centre’s Marketing Department to develop digital and physical marketing resources and to maximise the promotion of the Centre across its various market segments.
· Establish and maintain links with other outdoor education centres and specialist activity providers in order to enhance the range of activities available to Anderton Centre customers.
· Organise events in line with agreed marketing plan to promote the venue to potential and existing visitors
· 16 hour first aid certificate
· Has a proven track record in the management of either outdoor education facilities or residential hospitality/customer service destinations;
· Qualified instructor for a range of outdoor activities e.g. archery, canoeing, abseiling, climbing, expedition leadership. As the Centre has access to a reservoir, qualifications in sailing and water activities would be an advantage.
· Holds a full driving licence, preferably with D1+ E entitlement.
· Has a detailed knowledge of relevant Health & Safety standards and Accreditations for an Outdoor Activity Centre along with a willingness to obtain any necessary qualifications.
· Understands the Centre’s obligations and commitments to the safeguarding of young people and vulnerable adults; the promotion of equality of opportunity and celebration of diversity, particularly through participation in outdoor education activities.
· Has a flexible and positive approach and an understanding of the expectations of the role of an on-site Centre Manager within the context of a 7-day week residential business;
· Has a keen commercial focus and can demonstrate the ability to maximise the revenue potential of the Centre.
· Has an understanding of the outdoor education curriculum requirements of the education sectors from primary through to HE and ideally some experience of working in an educational setting.
· Will share, and be able to articulate to others, the vision for the Centre and act as an ambassador for The Anderton Centre when dealing with external clients, clubs and members of the public.
· Sets high standards for customer service and is able to motivate and lead a team of staff to deliver those standards on a consistent basis.
Night Warden-Caretaker x 2
The Anderton Centre
2 x 3 day shift plus alternate Saturdays
Location: Rivington, Lancashire
Responsible to: Centre Manager
Job purpose: To ensure site security and to provide Reception cover during the evenings. Providing customer service and support to all our clients during the evening and night. To work on caretaker duties including maintenance and domestic as required.
Responsibilities: • To be on site from 1800hrs – 0700hrs as Night Warden and to be available in Reception or via the phone system (please refer to terms & conditions)
• To carry out Caretaker/Maintenance/House Keeping work as required
• To complete and log hand-overs with day shift staff
• To be the first point of contact for problem solving for both internal & external clients, including holding the Centre emergency contact phone and radio
• To be the first line of response for all client enquiries’, telephone calls and emergencies during your period of duty, being part of the front of house team, providing exceptional customer service to both internal & external clients
• To ensure all complaints are dealt with in accordance with the Centre Complaints Policy
• To switch off lights after evening sessions and before lock up
• To sign out equipment from stores in emergency and keys from the key cupboard
• To support the Centre Stores function when required
• To monitor off-site groups via sign out board
• To secure the Centre and vehicles when not in use at the end of each day
• To log any significant events during the period of duty in the log book
• To provide reception cover for early and late client arrivals
• Adhere to all relevant Health & Safety regulations
• To organise transport in the event of an emergency for hospital runs or collections for stormed out camping activities. (The night warden should stay on site)
• To liaise with Chief Instructor and clients on a daily basis
• To work within the Centre Policies and Procedures
• To contribute positively to the aims and objectives of The Anderton Centre
• To carry out other duties, as appropriate, at the request of the CEO / Centre Manager or their delegated authorities.
• Current First Aid at Work Certificate or willingness to obtain one if not currently held (training provided by employer if required)
• A mature attitude
• An ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Good customer service skills
• Excellent communication skills with high level of interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills and understanding
• Smart and Professional Appearance
• The ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
• Good attention to detail
• Trustworthy, reliable and conscientious
• Demonstrate tact, diplomacy and negotiation skills
• Ability to work within Centre Policies and Procedures
• Driving Licence
• Previous experience within a caretaker capacity
• A working knowledge of outdoor/activity centres working practices
• 24-month fixed term position. The position is subject to the successful completion of a 6-month probation period, satisfactory CRB Check and two satisfactory references.
• Hours: 1800hrs – 2300hrs working shift; 2300hrs to 0600 hours sleeping shift (on site) ; 0600hrs-0700hrs open up centre and handover to day shift
• Salary: £18,576 per annum, pro rata
• Training: Will be given as required in accordance with departmental need
• Accommodation: will be provided whilst on duty and you must remain on site during your duty period.
Location: Rivington, Lancashire
Closing Date: 23rd April 2018
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 01257 484220
Apply via: CV and cover letter of no more than 2 pages A4 each
Anderton Centre, New Road, Chorley, PR6 9HG