Mountain Leader Summer Assessment
The Mountain Leader scheme is designed for people who want to lead groups in the mountains, hills and moorlands of the UK and Ireland. If you love being out in the mountains and want to share your enthusiasm with others, become a Mountain Leader and you’ll never look back (unless you’re checking your group’s still there!).
Mountain Leaders operate the length and breadth of the country with all sorts of groups of people; from scouts and schoolchildren to outdoor instructors and OAPs. The award is what you make it and there are countless opportunities for passionate Mountain Leaders.
The The Mountain Leader assessment is 5 days long and includes a two night expedition. Assesment follows the Mountain Leader Award syllabus. Revisions may occur to take account for weather and other considerations, whilst still satisfying the spirit and detail of the scheme. Detailed information about the syllabus can be found on the Mountain Training website: Mountain Leader Award
- You must have attended a Mountain Leader training course (or have been granted exemption)
- You must be familiar with the syllabus
- You must have logged a minimum of 40 Quality Mountain Days in three different regions of the UK and Ireland
- You must hold a current first aid certificate, minimum 16 hours and relevant to your work as a Mountain Leader
- You must have logged at least 8 nights camping, including at least 4 nights wild camping
14th – 15th & 20th – 22nd April 2018
29th-30th September & 12th – 14th October 2018
Please note that courses need a min number of 4 candidates to run.
Please email our DofE and Course Co-ordinator on email@example.com for our latest prices and availability.
Venue: Anderton Centre, New Road, Nr Chorley PR6 9HG