Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module
The course introduces and explains the basic techniques and develops an understanding of SUP. The course is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out.
You can find out more about the Stand Up Paddleboard Support Module here: Stand Up Paddleboard Module
This one day course will run from 9:00am – 5:00pm and is a mix of theory and practical activity to ensure everyone has time to try things out. Participants will work towards understanding the core skills, while building specific techniques to aid the enjoyment, fun and progress their skills using an SUP.
- Understand the worldwide development of the sport and the role of the various bodies on the field including British Canoeing, Academy of Surfing Instructors (ASI), British Stand Up Paddleboard Association (BSUPA), Sport England and Adventure Activities Licencing Service (AALS).
- Understand equipment design, size and modification to suit individual requirements.
- Provide a background to the various disciplines within SUP paddling and the specific techniques that apply to each.
- Understand the different types of board available, their characteristics and the different techniques used on them.
- Understanding of handling an SUP efficiently.
You can download the full syllabus here: SUP Module Syllabus
- The module is aimed at anyone who is interested in developing their SUP knowledge. There are no registration requirements before attending the course.
- Candidates need to be age 14 or over.
This is a practical course and a lot of time will be spent spent on the water. All specialist kit * will be provided but please bring your own if you wish.
- *Wetsuit /drysuit
- *Canoeing cag
- *Buoyancy aid
- Wetboots / trainers that will get wet
- Swimwear and towel
- Warm clothes
Please note that courses need a min number of 4 candidates to run.
Venue: Anderton Centre, New Road, Nr Chorley PR6 9HG