Paddlesport Leader Assessment
The Paddlesport Leader is aimed at paddlers taking on formal leadership responsibilities in benign, sheltered water environments and aims to support Leaders to run safe, quality, enjoyable trips based on their group’s needs and aspirations.
More information can be found here: Paddlesport Leader
This 1 day assessment will asses competence in the following elements:
- Participant focused leadership skills
- Personal paddling skills
- Rescue skills
- Underpinning background knowledge, understanding and experience
Guidance for assessment can be found here: Paddlesport-Leader-Assessment-Guidance-V1-1-April17
Paddlers wishing to complete a Paddlesport Leader Assessment are required to register with their Home Nation before they are able to attend the assessment. It is advisable to do this at least 2-weeks prior to the assessment date. At the point of registration, evidence of the following is required:
- Valid (within 3 years) British Canoeing recognised 1-day First Aid award
- Full Home Nation Association Membership
- Registration Fee: £39
- You must be aged 16 or over at the time of assessment.
This is a practical course and a lot of time will be spent spent on the water. All specialist kit * will be provided but please bring your own if you wish.
- *Wetsuit /drysuit
- *Canoeing cag
- *Buoyancy aid
- Wetboots / trainers that will get wet
- Swimwear and towel
- Warm clothes
30th April – 1st May 2018
Please note that courses need a min number of 2 candidates to run.
Venue: Anderton Centre, New Road, Nr Chorley PR6 9HG