Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport – Training
Level 2 coaches are trained and assessed to work independently in the planning, delivery and review of progressive and developmental sessions for their paddlers.
The qualification is suitable for coaches wishing to work with paddlers from any paddlesport discipline, and is available as either a bank-based or a boat-based award, and is certificated as either a single discipline (canoe or kayak) or dual discipline (canoe and kayak). You can find out more about the Level 2 course here: BC Level 2 Coach
On this 4 day training course coaches will develop existing skills and are provided with the tools to plan, deliver and review a series of progressive paddlesport coaching sessions in a range of paddlesport craft.
The content builds on the ‘How to Coach’ and ‘What to Coach’ components introduced at Level 1.
- Candidates must be 17 years of age or older, and hold the following:
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport or British Canoeing Level 2 (achieved prior to 2007)
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- British Canoeing Full Individual Membership
- Relevant Star Award: 2 Star Award or Paddlepower Discover and 3 Star Award in any discipline
This is a practical course and a lot of time will be spent spent on the water. All specialist kit * will be provided but please bring your own if you have it.
- *Wetsuit /drysuit
- *Canoeing cag
- *Buoyancy aid
- Wetboots / trainers that will get wet
- Swimwear and towel
- Warm clothes
Please note that courses need a min number of 6 candidates to run.
Venue: Anderton Centre, New Road, Nr Chorley PR6 9HG