British Canoeing 2 Star Award
The British Canoeing 2 Star Award is an improvement award which supports the development of fundamental paddlesport skills on sheltered water.
It recognises a paddler’s understanding of how the paddle, boat and water interact and their ability to control movement of both canoes and kayaks using fundamental skills.
For more information about the British Canoeing 2 star award please visit the British Canoeing Website: BC 2 Star Award
This two day course will typically run from 9:30am – 4:30pm on each day. It will cover all aspects of the 2 star syllabus:
Candidates must be able to swim 25 metres wearing a buoyancy aid and have experience of:
- Paddling two different craft – surf kayak, closed cockpit kayak, open cockpit kayak, closed cockpit canoe, solo/tandem open canoe, racing boat, wave‐ski, flat‐hulled boat, v‐shaped hull, slalom boat, polo boat, or sea kayak
- Paddling in two different locations – canal, river, loch/lake, or sea. Different parts of large bodies of water can be counted as two different locations
- Competing in two paddlesport competitions – club level event, slalom, polo, sprint, freestyle bell‐boat etc. OR completing two journeys of approx. two hours duration
This is a practical course and a lot of time will be spent spent on the water. All specialist kit * will be provided but please feel free to bring your own if you have it.
- *Wetsuit /drysuit
- *Canoeing cag
- *Buoyancy aid
- Wetboots / trainers that will get wet
- Swimwear and towel
- Warm clothes
- Any medication you require
2nd – 3rd June 2018
14th – 15th July 2018
15th – 16th September 2018
Cost: Please email our DofE and Course Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org for prices and availability.
Please note that courses need a min number of 4 candidates to run.
Venue: Anderton Centre, New Road, Nr Chorley PR6 9HG