We pride ourselves on our hearty and home-cooked food that fuels school residentials as well as away days for corporate guests.
Our dining room is the perfect setting for a relaxed business breakfast or lunch. Its stunning countryside setting plus stylish yet informal atmosphere is matched with friendly service and quality cooking for fully-catered conferencing.
High quality catering
Our dedicated team of professional caterers and chefs believe in good old fashioned classics and home-cooking, and use locally sourced produce from trusted long-term suppliers wherever possible. We can offer formal three course meals, light lunches, bacon barms and even BBQs.
Christmas menu at Anderton
Treat colleagues to a fantastic Christmas lunch or dinner this December. Our catering staff will ensure your light ciabatta lunch or three course meal with all the trimmings gets everyone into the festive spirit. Click here on the link below to view our festive fayre.
Day visits – catering for conference guests
- Breakfast barms (bacon/sausage/egg)
- Three course lunches
- Home-made soup for starter
- Two choices for a typical main course from lasagne, chicken curry, lamb chops, cottage pie, shepherd’s pie, chicken chasseur, mushroom strogonoff, chilli con carne, pasta bake, gammon and pineapple – all served with chips/wedges/new potatoes, vegetables and/or salad
- Light lunch of sandwiches, chips and salad followed by a muffin/flapjack
- A healthy lighter lunch of oven-baked potatoes with various fillings and salads (you must try our home-made coleslaw!)
- BBQ with salads and pudding in the summer months. Eat outside in our lovely woodland grounds or up on the balcony of our upstairs Lounge
We pride ourselves on our personal service and welcome guests to discuss their requirements with the Catering Manager, Kirsty Todd.
Fully Catered Residentials
Good food is the fuel for adventurous residentials!
Children and young people (as well as their teachers and/or youth group leaders!) LOVE the team’s home-cooked food, made from scratch with love and care. A typical menu choice for one night Primary School residential for Years 5 and 6s is:
Two course evening meal – main – served with salad/vegetables (choose two options)
- Cottage pie with new potatoes
- Meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta, garlic bread
- Lasagne with potato wedges
- Chicken curry, pilau rice and naan bread
- Battered cod and chips
- Home-made chicken goujons with wedges (a favourite!)
- Sausages in gravy with mashed potatoes (a favourite!)
- Cheese and onion pie with chips/new potatoes (v) (a favourite!)
- Vegetable curry, pilau rice and naan bread (v)
- Vegetable chilli (v)
Desserts (just one option)
- Jelly and ice cream
- Carrot cake and cream
- Fruit salad
- Rice pudding and jam
- Chocolate sponge and custard (a favourite!)
Hot breakfast option (just choose one)
You get cereals, toast with jam/spread, juices and tea and coffee. Please also choose one of the following:
- Sausage barm (although you may want to skip this if having sausage and mash the night before)
- Bacon barm (a favourite!)
- Scambled egg on toast
- Baked beans on toast
Our catering is also a hit with high school residentials.
‘We use the Anderton Centre several times a year for branch meetings and have always found it to be good value. The staff are very helpful and the facilities are good. The food is excellent.’
Gail Bennett, Prospect Housing
“Food is of an excellent quality”.
Mr Draper, Head of Intervention, Mount St Joseph’s High School (Bolton)
Resilience and work-related learning residential, Oct 2015