Assistant Chef / Cook
We are looking for a passionate cook to join the team at the Anderton Centre. The main function of this role will be to assist the Head Chef with food preparation and service on a day to day basis and will suit someone with a real passion for food and all aspects of cookery.
The Anderton Centre is a charity run outdoor activity and conference centre based in Rivington on the edge of Chorley and Bolton providing residential and day visits to a wide range of clients from corporate delegates to primary school groups.
Duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Food preparation and cooking
- Menu development
- General kitchen duties including cleaning
- Deputy Head Chef during absences.
The successful candidate:
- Will be confident in all areas of a kitchen and food service.
- Able to approach the role with a positive and friendly attitude.
- Have a good understanding of the food industry and current food trends.
- Previous experience in fresh food establishment (min 1 year).
- Able to work flexibly to suit the business needs.
- Will hold a basic food hygiene certificate.
Working Hours: 30 hours per week – 5 days out of 7. This will include some evenings and weekends. Rotas are produced a week in advance. Overtime available as and when required. Hours negotiable.
Salary: £8.00 per hour
20 Days Holiday + 8 bank holidays per year.
To apply please submit your CV together with a supporting statement detailing why you are applying for the role and setting out how you meet the requirements.
Please ring for an informal chat on 01257 484 220.
Applications should be submitted via email to Kirsty.firstname.lastname@example.org to arrive by no later than 27th January 2018
Freelance Outdoor Instructors
We are on the lookout for talented outdoor instructors for our 2018 season at the Anderton Centre.
You will need:
- A passion for the great outdoors.
- Brilliant interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working with children, young people, youth groups and adults and groups with additional needs.
- A good range of National Governing Body qualifications – i.e. Level 2 Paddlesport, SPA, HML or equivalent.
What we can offer:
- Opportunities for professional development with NGB awards run by Lancashire Outdoor Activity Initative (LOAI) – eg, Mountain Leader Training, Duke of Edinburgh Assessor award, RYA Power Boat Level 2, RYA Safety Boat, Archery GB, etc.
- In-house training is offered on most on site activities and we also bring in external experts who specialize in areas like Bush Craft, Shelter Building, Knife Skills and First Aid.
How to Apply:
The first step is to get in touch and email us your CV to email@example.com, listing your experience and qualifications.
If we think you fit the bill we will invite you to our start of season meeting on the evening on the 26th February where you can meet the team – You will be required to bring with you original copies of your certificates including First Aid and DBS check.
Spend the holidays exploring the water and woodland with nature walks around the Rivington and Adlington area and canoe trips on Lower Rivington Reservoir, or discover your adventurous side with exciting activities like Raft Building, Archery and the Leap of Faith on site at the Anderton Centre.
- Programs for 6-10y and 11-14y with dedicated leaders
- Activities 9:30am – 4:30pm
- Breakfast Club 8:00am – 9:30am includes breakfast
- Late Pick Up supervision 4:30 pm – 6pm includes afternoon snack
- Packed lunches available
Booking and more information